Geneva golf course

Club History

With over 115 years of golf, racqet sports, and family participation.  Geneva Golf Club is proud to be the oldest 9-hole course in Illinois.  Our challenging course was first created from 40 rented acres of farm in 1900 from the McChesney family, remaining in this location today.  Considerable, upgrades and improvements have been made to the course and facilities over the years including a renovated clubhouse and revamped 6-lane pool in 2007.  Our goal is to become one of the best 9-hole golf courses in the region built on a radiation of family, voluteerism, and just plain good golf!  


 

Some notable events:

1905 –    Admitted to the Western Golf Association

1915 –    Course rebuilt

1919 –    Clubhouse built

1921 –    Water piped to the greens; Tennis Courts completed

1934  –   Pool constructed

1960 –    Paddle tennis courts (2) added

1982  –   Deckhouse and cabana added

2007 –    Clubhouse and pool renovations

2012 –    Bar area redecorated

 

The place to be; the place to belong