Geneva golf course

Club History


With over 115 years of golf, racquet sports and family participation, Geneva Golf Club is proud to be the oldest 9-hole golf course in Illinois. Our challenging course was first created from 40 rented acres of farm in 1900 from the McChesney family,  remaining in this location today. Considerable upgrades and improvements have been made to the course and facilities over the years including a renovated clubhouse and revamped 6-lane pool in 2007. Our goal is to become one of the best 9-hole golf courses in the region built on a radition of family, volunteerism, and just plain good golf!

 
Some notable events:

  • 1905 –    Admitted to the Western Golf Association
  • 1915 –    Course rebuilt
  • 1919 –    Clubhouse built
  • 1921 –    Water piped to the greens; Tennis Courts completed
  • 1934  –   Pool constructed
  • 1960 –    Paddle tennis courts (2) added
  • 1982  –   Deckhouse and cabana added
  • 2007 –    Clubhouse and pool renovations
  • 2012 –    Bar area redecorated
 
The place to be; the place to belong